Fiesta Cheese Ball
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
1 (1 ounce) envelope taco seasoning, divided
16 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon green Tabasco sauce
1 tablespoon seeded and diced jalapeno pepper
1 tablespoon diced red onion
1 cup seeded and diced red bell pepper
8 ounces shredded Colby-jack cheese
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Place pecans on a small baking sheet and toast in oven for 15
to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and toss with 2 tablespoons
taco seasoning; set aside.
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, remaining
taco seasoning and Tabasco sauce until smooth, about 2 minutes.
Add jalapeno, onion, bell pepper and Colby-Jack cheese. Stir
to combine. Using a rubber spatula, shape cheese into a large
- Place a large sheet of plastic wrap on counter top, sprinkle
reserved seasoned nuts over plastic. Roll cheese ball in nuts,
coating entire outside of ball.
- Bring sides of plastic wrap up around ball to seal. Wrap in
additional layer of plastic wrap to seal. Place cheese ball
on a plate and refrigerate several hours until firm.
- Serve with crackers.
Nutrition facts per serving: 187 calories, 17 g fat, 8 g
saturated fat, 35 mg cholesterol, 4 g carbohydrates, 5 g protein,
282 mg sodium, 1 g fiber