Tom and Jerry Batter
6 egg yolks
1 pound confectioners' sugar, divided
1 teaspoon nutmeg
6 egg whites
- Beat egg yolks for approximately 10 minutes until good and
- Pour in 1 pound confectioners' sugar slowly (keeping
back 1/2 cup from the pound) and 1 teaspoon nutmeg. Beat until
well mixed. Set aside.
- Beat the 6 egg whites until stiff and fluffy. Add the reserved
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar. Fold the two mixtures together
- To use, heat 1/2 water and 1/2 milk and pour into heated mugs
with a jigger of rum or brandy, a heaping teaspoon batter and
a dash of nutmeg. Stir and serve.
- You can store the remainder in a covered glass container in
the refrigerator, but it is not quite as good if left for over