1 1/2 ounces Blanco 100% Blue Agave Tequila
1/2 ounce Cointreau (or Controy from Mexico,
made from Mexican oranges)
1/2 ounce freshly-squeezed Key lime juice
1 ounce tequila
1/2 ounce Cointreau or Triple Sec
1 ounce lime juice
- Rub lime around rim of martini glass and dip in Kosher salt. Knock
off excess by lightly hitting glass against the heel of your hand.
- Put all ingredients in a shaker filled with ice. Shake hard for
- Strain into glass and enjoy.
- Frozen or On the Rocks:
To make this margarita "on the rocks," prepare a highball
glass with salt the same way. Fill with ice. Stir together the three
ingredients and pour over ice.
- If you want a frozen margarita, stir up the mixture and place covered
in freezer for two hours. At the same time, prepare martini glass
as above and place in freezer. When the time has passed, pour into
glass and serve. This will not be like a Slurpee, but it is a true
- The Classic Margarita: To make a classic margarita, follow the same