Apple Cheese Bread
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup shortening
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups grated or ground cooking apples, including
1/2 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter, shortening and sugar.
- Add beaten eggs and mix well.
- Add apples, cheese and nuts.
- Add sifted dry ingredients and mix lightly.
- Bake in a greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan for 50 to 60 minutes or three 3 x 6-inch
loaf pans for 30 to 35 minutes.
>> Quick Sweet Bread Recipes
>> All Bread Recipes