Apple Fritter Bread
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup apple juice
1 large tart apple, peeled and coarsely chopped
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup maraschino cherries, halved
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8 x 4 x 2-inch loaf pan.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon
- Combine egg and apple juice; stir into dry ingredients.
- Fold in apple, raisins, walnuts and cherries.
- Transfer to prepared pan.
- Bake or 50-55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center
comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.