Best Ever Hotcakes
2 eggs, separated
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
cup all-purpose flour, sifted
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking
1 cup milk
1/3 cup sour cream
4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Add sugar and salt to well beaten egg yolks.
- Sift and measure four, add baking powder and soda and re-sift. Add flour
mixture and milk, to egg yolk mixture alternately, a bit at a time until all
are added, (stir the whole time).
- Add sour cream and mix well.
- Add melted butter and mix well.
- Gently fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Bake on a hot griddle, turn only once when bubbles on the surface break.
>> Pancake Recipes
>> All Breakfast and Brunch Recipes