2 pounds pitted dates
1/2 pound green candied cherries
1/2 pound red candied cherries
1 pound candied pineapple (cut in pieces, if whole)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 pound English Walnuts, shelled
1 pound pecans, shelled
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Leave nuts and fruit as whole as possible.
- Sift flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder over fruit and nuts.
Mix well with hands.
- Beat eggs and vanilla extract and pour over flour mixture. Blend
- Line two bread pans with wax paper and butter well. Divide dough
into the two pans and bake at 200 degrees F for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
Put on rack to cool.
- When cool, wrap tightly in foil or freezer paper.