Apple Pie Coffee Cake
Yield: 16 servings
1 (18.25 ounce) box spice cake mix
1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
3/4 cup regular or fat-free sour cream
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
2 teaspoons whole or fat free milk
- Set aside 1 tablespoon cake mix. Set aside 1 1/2 cups pie filling.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, sour cream, water, oil, extract and remaining cake mix and pie filling. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour half of the batter into a 10-inch fluted tube pan coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and reserved cake mix; sprinkle over batter. Spoon reserved pie filling over batter to within 3/4 inch of edges; top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients. Drizzle over cooled cake.