Dreamsicle Cake 2
1 box orange cake mix (Duncan Hines Moist
Deluxe Orange Supreme preferably)
1 small box orange flavor gelatin dessert
1/3 cup oil
1 1/4 cups water
2 tablespoons orange flavoring
8 ounces sour cream
3/4 cup coconut
1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup orange juice
8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- Cake: Beat all ingredients together for two to three minutes. Pour into 3 round cake pans.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, as per directions on box, until golden brown on top. Cool completely. Optional: when cake is cool split layers in half.
- While cake is cooling make icing.
- Icing: Mix sour cream and coconut together in small bowl and put in refrigerator until ready to use. Mix sugar and orange juice together until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Mix sour cream and sugar mixtures together with Cool Whip. Spread in between layers, on top, and on sides of cake. Refrigerate overnight to set.
NOTE: Cake mixes no longer contain 18.25 ounces of cake mix. They are around 15.25 ounces. To extend the cake so that your recipe turns out properly, use our Cake Mix Extender recipe.