Dreamsicle Cake 2
1 box orange cake mix (Duncan Hines Moist
Deluxe Orange Supreme preferably)
1 small box orange flavor gelatin dessert
1/3 cup oil
1 1/4 cups water
2 tablespoons orange flavoring
8 ounces sour cream
3/4 cup coconut
1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup orange juice
8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- Cake: Beat all ingredients together for two to three minutes. Pour into 3 round cake pans.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, as per directions on box, until golden brown on top. Cool completely. Optional: when cake is cool split layers in half.
- While cake is cooling make icing.
- Icing: Mix sour cream and coconut together in small bowl and put in refrigerator until ready to use. Mix sugar and orange juice together until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Mix sour cream and sugar mixtures together with Cool Whip. Spread in between layers, on top, and on sides of cake. Refrigerate overnight to set.