1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
1 1/4 cups cold milk
1 (3.4 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding mix
1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
1 envelope whipped topping mix
3 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Prepare and bake the cake according to package directions, using a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Cool.
- In a bowl, whisk together milk and pudding mix; let stand to thicken.
- Stir in pineapple. Spread over cake.
- Prepare whipped topping mix according to package directions; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract until smooth. Beat in 1 cup whipped topping. Fold in remaining topping. Spread over pudding. Sprinkle with coconut. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.