1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
1 1/4 cups cold milk
1 (3.4 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding mix
1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
1 envelope whipped topping mix
3 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Prepare and bake the cake according to package directions, using a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Cool.
- In a bowl, whisk together milk and pudding mix; let stand to thicken.
- Stir in pineapple. Spread over cake.
- Prepare whipped topping mix according to package directions; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract until smooth. Beat in 1 cup whipped topping. Fold in remaining topping. Spread over pudding. Sprinkle with coconut. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
NOTE: Cake mixes no longer contain 18.25 ounces of cake mix. They are around 15.25 ounces. To extend the cake so that your recipe turns out properly, use our Cake Mix Extender recipe.