Luscious Blueberry Cake
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
3 eggs, divided
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups fresh blueberries (do not thaw
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add 2 eggs, one at a time.
- Mix flour and
baking powder; add to butter/sugar mixture. Add vanilla extract.
- Spread 1/2 of the dough into a 9 x 13-inch pan. Lightly mix the
blueberries with 1/2 cup sugar. Spread over bottom layer of dough.
- To the remaining dough, add 1 egg and mix well. Spread dough over
- Make the topping by combining 1 beaten egg with the 1/4 cup sugar
and the chopped walnuts. Spread over dough.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until done.
- Cool on wire rack before
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.