Dry Roasted Peanut Brittle
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 1/4 cups dry roasted unsalted peanuts
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
- Generously grease baking sheet.
- In 2 quart microwave-proof bowl, combine sugar and corn syrup. Cook on HIGH for 4 minutes.
- Stir in peanuts with a wooden spoon. Cook on HIGH 4 to 5 minutes or until mixture reaches 300 degrees F on microwave-proof candy thermometer (or small amount separates into hard, brittle threads in cold water).
- Blend in baking soda, stir until mixture is light and foamy. Pour onto prepared baking sheet, spread quickly. As candy cools, stretch into thin sheet using buttered hands. Cool completely.
- Break into pieces and store in an airtight container.