1/2 cup butter, softened
3 ounces cream cheese,
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups confectioners' sugar
1 (12 ounce) bag semisweet real chocolate chips
2 tablespoons shortening
- In large mixer bowl combine butter and cream cheese. Beat at medium speed
- Add vanilla extract. Reduce speed to low. Beat, gradually adding confectioners'
sugar, until well mixed (4 to 5 minutes). If too soft, refrigerate until firm.
- Shape rounded teaspoonsful of mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Place on wax paper-lined baking sheets. Cover loosely; refrigerate until
firm (2 hours or overnight).
- In saucepan melt chocolate chips and shortening over low heat (3-4 minutes).
- Dip butter creams into chocolate mixture; let excess drip off.
- Place on wax paper-lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate to set (30 minutes).
Makes 5 dozen.
>> Confection Recipes
>> Candy Recipes