Old-Fashioned Hard Candy
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup water
2/3 cup light corn syrup
Food coloring as desired
* Oil flavoring can be purchased at drugstore or baking supply shop.
- Mix sugar, water and syrup until sugar is dissolved. Boil over medium heat
to 300 degrees F or hard ball stage.
- Remove from heat.
- Add flavoring and food coloring and mix well. Odor will be extremely strong
at this time, so prepare in well-ventilated kitchen.
- Pour in streams onto cookie sheet which has been very generously covered
with confectioners' sugar. Make little ditches of confectioners' sugar
so the candy does not spread too much.
- Sift more confectioners' sugar on top of candy streams.
- Cut with scissors into bite-size pieces as it begins to cool and outer edge
will hold its shape.
- Do not wait until it is completely cooled, because it becomes hard and impossible
Yield: 1 pound
>> Hard Candy Recipes
>> Candy Recipes