Bandera Restaurant Cornbread
This is a clone recipe.
1 cup butter, melted*
1 cup granulated sugar*
1 (15 ounce) can creamed-style corn
1/2 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers, drained
1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch baking
dish or a 12-inch cast iron skillet.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs one
at a time. Blend in creamed corn, chiles, Monterey jack and cheddar cheese.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, baking powder
and salt. Add flour mixture to corn mixture; stir just until smooth.
Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, until a wooden pick inserted
into center of the pan comes out clean. If using the skillet - watch
carefully as edges may brown too much and time should be under an hour.
- If desired, serve with butter and honey.