Dollywood Bread Pudding
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
8 cups day old
egg bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup raisins
1 quart half-and-half
8 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar with cinnamon. Toss bread cubes, melted butter, raisins
and sugar-cinnamon mixture in a large bowl. Spread evenly in greased pan. Set
- Whisk eggs lightly in bowl.
- Bring cream, remaining sugar and vanilla to a boil. Gradually whisk cream
mixture into eggs. Pour over bread mixture. Place pan in water bath.
- Bake 35-40 minutes until custard sets and top is golden brown.
Posted by Recipethyme at Recipe Goldmine 8/26/2001 12:22 am.
Source: Gary Nichols/Dollywood - Wednesday, December 6, 2000 - Recipe #2623
>> Restaurant Recipes