IHOP Colorado Omelette
This is a great meaty omelet.
- 1/4 cup diced sweet onions
- 1/4 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced cooked lean ham
- 3/4 cup finely shredded Cheddar cheese
(reserve 1/4 cup for garnish)
- 1/4 cup diced lean bacon (fried and drained)
- 1/3 cup sliced small breakfast sausage links (fry and drain)
- 1/3 cup shredded
roast beef or dice roasted beef from the deli
- 3 to 4 eggs, beaten (measuring
- 1/8 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a saucepan on medium low heat melt butter and add onions and bell peppers.
Stir until onions and pepper are soft but not browned. Add diced ham and stir
until the ham is limp and heated through. Immediately remove from heat and set
- In a mixing bowl add eggs, water and salt, beat and stir well. Set aside.
- Heat a 12-inch fry pan on medium low heat, add a little oil (1 teaspoon)
or spray with a nonstick vegetable spray. A nonstick pan works great.
- Place egg mixture in pan and sprinkle with onions, bell pepper, ham, tomato
if you wish, sausage, bacon, and 1/2 of the roast beef, and 1/2 cup of the shredded
- Place a lid on until omelet starts to set. Immediately remove lid and fold
omelet from the sides to the middle. If this is difficult, fold in half. Sprinkle
with the rest of cheese and roast beef.
- Serve with a side order of picante sauce or sour cream with a little diced