Joe's Crab Shack Coconut Shrimp
and Pineapple Dipping Sauce
- 1 pound medium to large fresh shrimp, cleaned, shelled, butterflied
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cups water
- 2/3 cups cornstarch
- 1 (7 ounce) package flaked coconut
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cups flour
Joe's Crab Shack Pineapple Dipping Sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in natural juice (undrained)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup red plum preserves
- 1/2 cup Chinese sweet and sour sauce
- Mix eggs and water. Set aside.
- Place 1/3 cup of cornstarch in bowl for dusting of shrimp.
- Mix in separate bowl remaining 1/3 cup cornstarch, coconut, sugar, salt and flour;
- Heat oil for deep-frying.
- Roll shrimp in cornstarch, dip in egg wash, then roll
in coconut mixture.
- Place shrimp in hot oil and deep fry until done. Shrimp will
float to the top when cooked. Take care not to overcook shrimp.
- Serve with Joe's Crab Shack Pineapple Dipping Sauce
- Pineapple Dipping Sauce: Place all sauce ingredients in a small saucepan; simmer
over medium-low to low heat for 20 - 25 minutes, stirring frequently until mixture