Fleas Navidad Nibblers
Ingredients2 tablespoons honey
2 3/4 cups water
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped peanuts
4 cups whole-wheat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon nutmeg
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix together honey, water, applesauce, vanilla extract and egg.
- In a separate bowl, mix peanuts, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir, mixing well.
- Spoon into a greased nonstick mini-muffin tin, filling each cup two-thirds full.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack. Store in a sealed container
Source: Dawn Bravard, Humane Society of Pulaski County