New Orleans Praline Brownies
Betty Crocker® fudge brownie mix and pecans turn into a delicious brownie - perfect for dessert.
PREP TIME 25 Min
TOTAL TIME 2 Hr 10 Min
1 box (1 pound 2.3 ounce) Betty Crocker® fudge
Water, vegetable oil and eggs as called for on
brownie mix box
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup whipping cream
6 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 350° F. Spray bottom only of 13 x 9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Make brownie mix as directed on box for fudge brownies, using water, oil and eggs. Stir in chopped pecans. Bake as directed. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In medium saucepan, mix cream, butter and brown sugar. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil. Continue cooking 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in pecans, powdered sugar and vanilla. Cool 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Spread frosting over brownies. Allow to stand 30 to 45 minutes, or until frosting is set. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.
- Cut into bars about 45 minutes after spreading frosting over the brownies. This will allow you to cut the brownies while the frosting is still just slightly warm and will minimize any cracks in the frosting.
To toast pecans, preheat oven to 350° F. Spread pecans in a single layer in a baking pan. Bake about 5 to 7 minutes or until golden and toasted.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 280
(Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans
Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg; Sodium 105mg; Total Carbohydrate
41g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 33g), Protein 0g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4.00%; Vitamin C 0.00%; Calcium 2.00%; Iron 4.00%
Exchanges: 2 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 2 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Betty Crocker/General Mills.