Almond Flour and Rice Pie Crust
Makes one crust.
1/3 cup whole almonds
3/4 cup brown rice flour
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch of ground cloves
3 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons honey
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grind almonds to a fine powder in a blender.
- In a 9-inch pie plate, combine the ground almond flour, brown rice
flour, cinnamon or nutmeg and cloves. Mix well with a fork.
- In a microwave dish, combine the water, oil and honey and heat on
low setting until honey liquefies. Drizzle the honey liquid over
the flour mixture in the pie plate, and stir with a fork until well
blended. Let stand until the dry ingredients absorb the liquid.
- Shape the crust by pressing mixture firmly into place with your
fingers, covering bottom and sides of plate evenly. Pat top edge of
crust into straight edge. Bake before or after adding filling. Bake
empty crust for 5 minutes.
NOTE: Gluten-free dough will not toughen when handled.