Pickled Dragon Eggs
12 dragon eggs (if you can't find fresh
dragon eggs, use chicken eggs)
4 cups water
1 cup beet juice
1 small onion, cut into rings
1 cup vinegar
1 clove garlic
1 bay leaf
2 teaspoons pickling spice
1/2 teaspoon salt
Food coloring - colors of your choice
- Place eggs in sauce pan and cover with with water. Cook the
eggs until they are hard boiled (about 8 to 10 minutes of boiling).
- Slowly add lukewarm water to the eggs to help them cool.
- Mix the water, beet juice, vinegar, garlic, food coloring and
spice in the cauldron. Mix well.
- Use tongs to gently remove eggs from sauce pan. Gently crack
the shells all the way around the egg. Place the cracked eggs
into the saucepan. Cover the eggs with the onion rings. Cover
the cauldron with plastic wrap and let brew in the refrigerator
for 2 days (be sure to turn the eggs in the morning and at night).
- After brewing for 2 days, the pickled dragon eggs are ready