Talk about a cake to die for. This macabre masterpiece will be the
talk of any Halloween blowout. Covered in chocolate and filled with
surprises, this is one coffin that people will be anxious to dig
Serves 16 to 20.
2 (16 ounce) boxes pound cake mix
1 (17.5 ounce) package sugar cookie mix
2 cans prepared frosting, chocolate flavor
1/2 pound Jelly Belly jelly beans
1/2 pound JBz chocolate candies
The following confections from Jelly Belly:
1/2 pound Candy Corn
1/2 pound Gummi Worms
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
2. Prepare both cake mixes together as directed on package.
3. Bake approximately 65 minutes.
4. Cool in pan 10 minutes.
5. Invert cake on wire rack and cool completely.
6. Make cookie dough per package directions for cutout cookies.
7. On greased cookie sheet, roll out dough to 12 x 8-inch rectangle and trim corners in shape of coffin lid.
8. Bake 15 to 20 minutes until lightly browned. Cool briefly.
9. Using two large spatulas carefully remove cookie to wire rack. Cool completely.
10. Place cake on serving platter.
11. With a knife, trim corners to shape like a coffin.
12. Begin one inch from sides of cake to cut about 1/2 inch deep into the cake.
13. Using a spoon, scoop out center of cake leaving sides to make coffin.
14. Frost cake inside and out with chocolate frosting and decorate sides with Candy Corn, JBz and Jelly Belly jelly beans.
15. Frost cookie with chocolate frosting and decorate as desired.
16. Fill coffin with Gummi Worms.
17. Lay cookie lid to one side of cake so creepy crawlies show.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Jelly Belly.
Recipe Goldmine LLC ©
| All Rights Reserved
No portion of this website may be reproduced without permission.