Lamb Chops with Greek
1/4 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon snipped fresh oregano or
1 teaspoon dried oregano,
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
8 lamb rib or loin chops, cut 1/2 inch thick
- For marinade: In a small bowl, combine oil, lemon peel, lemon juice, oregano,
garlic and black pepper.
- Trim fat from chops. Place chops in a self-sealing plastic bag set in a
shallow dish. Pour marinade over chops and seal bag.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Drain chops, discarding marinade.
- Heat broiler. Place chops on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 3
to 4 inches from heat for 10 to 15 minutes for medium (160 degrees F), turning
meat over after half the broiling time.
- Transfer to a serving platter.
Yield: 4 servings
>> Lamb Recipes
>> All Meat Recipes