Roast Turkey Breast with
Yam and Pineapple Relish
2 (1 1/2 pound) boneless turkey breasts with skin
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1/2 cup pineapple juice reserved from
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
2 cups canned
2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 (12 ounce)
bag fresh or frozen cranberries
(not necessary to thaw)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with nonstick
- Rinse breasts and pat dry. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. Place
skin side up in baking dish. Pour pineapple juice and broth around breasts.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes until thermometer reaches 160 degrees F.
- Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes. (The meat will continue cooking,
and the temperature will rise to 170 or 175 degrees F. If the turkey has a popper
in it, it should pop up while the turkey rests.)
- Meanwhile, make relish: Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, add yams, 1/2 cup reserved pineapple
juice, ginger, and sugar. Stir in cranberries. Cook, stirring, until berries
begin to pop, about 3 minutes. Stir in pineapple chunks.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Remove turkey from pan and slice thinly.
- Serve with relish.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Nutrition Facts for 3 ounces cooked turkey breast only (skinless): 120 calories,
1 g fat, 55 mg cholesterol, 26 g protein
>> Turkey Recipes
>> Chicken Recipes