Almond Toffee Triangles
Source: The Pampered Chef
2 1/2 cups flour
cup confectioners' sugar
1 cup cold butter or margarine, cut
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup light or dark corn syrup
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 cups sliced almonds
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare Triangle Base.
- Triangle Base: In batter bowl
with mixer at medium speed, beat flour, sugar, butter and salt
until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press firmly and
evenly into pan.
- Pre-bake in 350 degree F oven for 20
minutes or until golden brown.
- Filling: In medium saucepan combine brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and cream.
Bring to boil over medium heat; remove from heat. Stir in almonds
and vanilla extract. Pour over hot crust; spread evenly.
- Bake for 15
to 20 minutes or until set and golden.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Cut into 2 1/2-inch squares; cut each
in half diagonally to create triangles.
Yield: 4 dozen triangles