Source: The Pampered Chef
1 (24 ounce) package frozen shredded hash brown
patties, thawed and broken apart
1 egg, beaten
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1/2 cup milk
Salt and ground black pepper to taste (optional)
1 cup chopped ham
1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1/4 cup green onion slices
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Cover 15-inch round baking stone
with sheet of parchment paper.
- For crust, combine potatoes, egg, salt and pepper in classic
2 quart batter bowl; mix well. Spread potato mixture into 14-inch
circle on prepared stone; pat down with back of spoon. Bake
10 min; remove from oven.
- For egg topping, whisk eggs and milk in 1 quart batter bowl.
Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Microwave on HIGH for
3 minutes; stir. Microwave an additional 3 minutes; stir.
- Spread cooked egg mixture evenly over potato crust; top with
ham, mushrooms, green onion and bell pepper. Sprinkle with cheese.
Return to oven. Bake 10 minutes.
- To serve, cut into wedges with pizza cutter.
Yield: 10 servings