Cherry Cheese Ring
Source: The Pampered Chef
Ring and Filling
2 packages refrigerated crescent rolls'
1 (250g) package cream cheese softened
1/4 cup (50 ml) icing sugar
1/2 teaspoon (2 ml) vanilla or almond extract
1 (540 ml) can cherry pie filling
1/2 cup (125 ml) icing sugar
2 to 3 teaspoons (10 to 15 ml) milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Unroll crescent dough. Separate into 16 triangles; reserve 4
triangles for decoration.
- On Large Round Stone, arrange 12 triangles
in a circle with wide ends toward the outside edge of Baking
Stone and points toward the center. Using Lightly floured Dough
and Pizza Roller, roll dough to 14-inch circle, pressing seams
together to seal and leaving a 3-inch hole in the center
- For filling, in Classic Batter Bowl, combine cream cheese, icing
sugar, egg and vanilla extract. Spread cream cheese mixture
over dough to within 1/2 inch of the edge; top with pie filling.
- Using Pizza Cutter, cut each remaining triangle into thirds,
staring at the wide end opposite the point and cutting lengthwise
to the point. Arrange dough strips evenly in spoke like fashion
over filling. Press ends to seal at center and outer edges.
- Place Baking Stone on Large Rack.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until
golden brown: cool slightly.
- For glaze, mix icing sugar and milk until smooth: drizzle over
ring using V-shaped Cutter.