Criss Cross Apple Crowns
Source: The Pampered Chef
4 small Granny Smith apples
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup raisins
3 tablespoon all purpose flour
1 tablespoon ground Cinnamon, divided
3/4 cup sugar, divided
1 package (17.3 ounces) grand-size flaky
or buttermilk biscuits (8 biscuits)
1 package (10.2 ounces) grand-size flaky
or buttermilk biscuits (5 biscuits)
1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
Vanilla ice cream or thawed, frozen whipped
Caramel ice cream topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel, core and slice apples. Place apples, walnuts, raisins, flour,
1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 cup sugar in a bowl and mix well. Microwave
apple mixture on high 3 minutes or until hot. Mix well.
- Separate 12 biscuits and place on cutting board. Roll each biscuit into
a 5-inch disk, flouring dough as needed. Arrange biscuits in a single
layer on clean, flat surface.
- Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of mixture over
biscuits. Divide apple mixture evenly onto center of each biscuit; gather
up edges over filling, pinching to seal.
- Microwave butter about 15 seconds or until melted. Holding each biscuit
at sealed end, dip each biscuit into butter, then into remaining cinnamon-sugar
mixture. Place biscuits, seam side down, into muffin pan. Do not press
down into cup! Using a serrated bread knife, cut through top of each
biscuit, making a crisscross pattern.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan.
- If desired, serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle with
Yield: 12 servings