Frosty Pumpkin Dessert
Source: The Pampered Chef
32 gingersnap cookies, finely chopped
(1 1/3 cups crumbs)
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 (1/2 gallon) container vanilla ice cream, divided
2 1/2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
2/3 cup toffee bits
1 cup solid pack pumpkin
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons Pantry Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend
- Chop cookies with Food Chopper, Place butter in Small Micro-Cooker;
microwave on HIGH 30 to 40 seconds or until melted. Stir in
crumbs. Firmly press crumb mixture onto bottom of Springform
Pan. Place in freezer.
- Scoop half of the ice cream into Classic Batter Bowl using Ice
Cream Dipper. Place in refrigerator 10 minutes to soften.
- Fold 1 cup of the whipped topping and toffee bits into softened
ice cream just until blended. Spread evenly over crust using
All-Purpose Spreader. Freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
- Place remaining ice cream in refrigerator 10 minutes to soften.
- Meanwhile, mix pumpkin, brown sugar and spice blend in batter
bowl. Scoop softened ice cream into pumpkin mixture. Mix just
until blended. Spread evenly over ice cream layer. Freeze until
firm, about 8 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, place dessert in refrigerator 20 minutes
for easier slicing.
- Fill Easy Accent Decorator with remaining whipped topping. Run
Utility Knife around outside of dessert; remove collar from
Springform pan. Smooth sides with spreader. Cut dessert into
wedges. Garnish each serving with whipped topping and sprinkle
with additional spice blend, if desired.
Yield: 16 servings