Monte Cristo Casserole
Source: The Pampered Chef
1 cup fat-free (skim) milk
2 (12.5 ounce) packages frozen French
toast slices, thawed
8 ounces deli baked ham, diced
8 ounces deli roast turkey, diced
4 ounces Swiss cheese, grated (1 cup)
1/4 cup fresh parsley, snipped
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
1/2 cup strawberry ice cream topping
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat milk in Small Micro-Cooker on HIGH 3 minutes or until hot.
- Whisk eggs in Small Batter Bowl; add hot milk to eggs, whisking
until blended. Cut French toast into 3/4-inch cubes; place in
large Colander Bowl. Pour egg mixture over French toast cubes;
toss gently using Mix 'N Scraper; set aside.
- Dice ham and turkey using Utility Knife. Grate cheese using
Deluxe Cheese Grater. Snip parsley using Kitchen Shears. Combine
ham, turkey, cheese and parsley in Classic Batter Bowl; mix
with Classic Scraper. Layer half of the French toast cubes in
bottom of Rectangular Baker. Top with half of the meat and cheese
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and set in center.
Remove to Nonstick Cooling Rack; cool 10 minutes. Sprinkle with
powdered sugar using Flour/Sugar Shaker.
- Slice strawberries using Egg Slicer Plus. Combine strawberries
with strawberry topping in small Colander Bowl using Skinny
- Cut casserole into squares using Serrated Bread Knife;
serve using Mini-Serving Spatula. Top each serving with strawberry
Yield: 12 servings or 24 sample servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 280, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated
Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 165 mg, Carbohydrate 33 g, Protein 18 g,
Sodium 900 mg, Fiber 2 g