Peanutty Chocolate Cake
Source: The Pampered Chef
1 (18.25 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
9 (0.6 ounce) peanut butter cup candies
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup (3 ounces) semisweet chocolate morsels
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoons peanuts, chopped
- Lightly spray Stoneware Fluted Pan with vegetable oil using
Kitchen Spritzer or brush with vegetable oil using Pastry Brush.
- Place cake mix in Classic Batter Bowl.
- In Small Batter Bowl, combine sour cream and eggs; whisk until
smooth using Stainless Steel Whisk. Add sour cream mixture to
cake mix; mix until smooth using Mix 'N Scraper. Using Large
Scoop, place 12 scoops of batter into bottom of pan; spread
evenly. Arrange peanut butter cup candies in a circular pattern
over batter. Top with remaining batter, spreading evenly.
- Microwave cake on HIGH 11 to 14 minutes or until Cake Tester
inserted near center comes out clean. (Cake will be slightly
moist on top near center.) Remove to Stackable Cooling Rack;
let stand 10 minutes. Loosen cake from sides of pan. Carefully
invert cake onto Round Platter.
- Place peanut butter in Small Micro-Cooker. Microwave on HIGH
30 seconds or until melted; stir until smooth using Skinny Scraper.
Pour peanut butter evenly over top of cake, allowing it to drip
- Place chocolate morsels and oil in same micro-cooker. Microwave
on HIGH 20 to 40 seconds or until melted and smooth. Drizzle
chocolate evenly over peanut butter topping. Coarsely chop peanuts
using Food Chopper; sprinkle over top of cake.
- Slice and serve using Slice 'N Serve.
Yield: 12 servings or 20 sample servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 450, Total Fat 25 g, Saturated
Fat 12 g, Cholesterol 115 mg, Carbohydrate 45 g, Protein 10
g, Sodium 500 mg, Fiber 2 g
- To easily drizzle chocolate, place a small resealable
plastic food storage bag inside Measure-All cup. Pour melted
chocolate into corner of bag. Twist top of bag; secure with Twixit! Clip. Using Paring Knife, cut a small tip off corner
of bag to allow the chocolate to flow through.
- To bake in a conventional oven, preheat oven to 350 degrees
F. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until cake tester inserted near
center comes out clean.
- If using a microwave oven without a built-in turntable, rotate
cake after 6 minutes of cooking.