Strawberry Spinach Salad 2
Source: The Pampered Chef
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon poppy seeds
1/4 cup sliced natural almonds, toasted
8 ounces (1 1/2 cups) strawberries, hulled
1/2 medium cucumber, sliced and cut in half
1/4 small red onion, sliced into thin
wedges (1/4 cup)
1 (6 ounce) package baby spinach
- For dressing, zest lemon using Lemon Zester/Scorer to measure
1/2 teaspoon zest.
- Juice lemon using Juicer to measure 2 tablespoons juice.
- Combine zest, juice, vinegar, sugar, oil and poppy seeds
in Small Batter Bowl. Whisk until well blended using Mini-Whipper.
Cover; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- For salad, spread almonds in single layer over bottom of Small
Bar Pan. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove
from oven; cool almonds in bar pan.
- Meanwhile, hull strawberries using Cook's Corer; cut strawberries
- Score cucumber lengthwise using Lemon Zester/Scorer; remove
seeds using The Corer.
- Using Ultimate Slice & Grate fitted
with v-shaped blade, slice cucumber; cut slices in half.
- Slice onion into thin wedges.
- Place spinach in large serving bowl; add strawberries, cucumber
and onion. Whisk dressing; pour over salad, gently tossing to
coat using 3-Way Tongs. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Serve immediately.