Source: The Pampered Chef
3/4 pound ground beef
1 package taco seasoning mix
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons water
2 packages refrigerated crescent rolls
1 medium green bell pepper
1 cup salsa
3 cups shredded lettuce
1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup sliced pitted ripe olives
Sour cream for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In medium skillet, cook and stir beef over medium-high heat
until browned and then drain. Stir in seasoning mix, cheese
and water, set aside.
- Unroll crescent dough; separate into triangles. Arrange triangles
in a circle on a greased 14-inch pizza pan with wide ends overlapping
in the center and the points toward the outside. (There should
be a 5-inch diameter opening in the center.) Scoop meat mixture
evenly onto the widest end of each triangle. Bring outside points
of the triangles down over filling and tuck under wide ends
of dough at the center. (Filling will not be completely covered.)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut top off pepper using a V-shaping zigzag pattern. Place pepper
in center of ring; fill with salsa. Mound lettuce, tomato, onion
and olives on top of ring surrounding bell pepper.
- Cut ring;
serve garnished with sour cream.