Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake
Source: The Pampered Chef
1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
(plus ingredients to make cake)
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
4 (1 ounce) squares semi-sweet chocolate for baking
1 (12.25 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping, divided
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
Vanilla ice cream or thawed, frozen whipped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions in Classic
Batter Bowl; beat until smooth using Stainless Steel Whisk.
- Melt butter in Family Skillet over medium heat, tilting Skillet
to coat bottom. Gently pour batter over bottom of Skillet, spreading
- Bake, uncovered, 30 to 35 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted
in center comes out clean.
- Using Oven Mitts, carefully remove
to Nonstick Cooling Rack. Loosen edges of cake with Skinny Scraper
and carefully invert cake onto heat-proof serving plate.
- Chop chocolate using Crinkle Cutter. Combine half of the caramel
topping with chocolate in Small Batter Bowl. Microwave, uncovered,
on HIGH 30 to 60 seconds or until melted. Stir until smooth
using Skinny Scraper. Carefully spread caramel fudge glaze over
cake using Large Spreader.
- Chop pecans using Food Chopper; sprinkle evenly over glaze.
Drizzle with remaining caramel sauce, if desired.
- Serve with
vanilla ice cream using Ice Cream Dipper or whipped topping
using Easy Accent? Decorator.
- Serve using Slice 'N Serve.
Yield: 12 servings or 24 sample servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 440, Total Fat 24 g, Saturated
Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 85 mg, Carbohydrate 55 g, Protein 6 g,
Sodium 490 mg, Fiber 2 g