Pineapple Fried Pies
1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup canned milk
- In medium saucepan, mix pineapple and water. Heat to near boiling. Reduce heat.
- Combine sugar, flour and cinnamon. Add slowly to pineapple mixture. Remove from heat when thickened.
- Measure flour, salt and baking powder into bowl. Cut in shortening.
- Blend milk and egg together. Add this to flour mixture. Roll out small portions of crust on floured surface. Fill with fruit.
- Fry in hot oil over medium heat. Drain on paper towels and serve warm.