Louisiana Ring Cake
3/4 cup butter or margarine
3 tablespoons light brown sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon orange extract
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 cup solid shortening
1 teaspoon orange extract
3 eggs, beaten
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Topping: Mix all ingredients together, blending well. Spread in bottom of
a very well-greased tube pan.
- Cake: Heat oven to 370 degrees F.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; add sugar. Mix well.
Cut in shortening; add milk, extracts, and eggs. Beat thoroughly.
- Pour batter over topping and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove from pan immediately so that topping does not stick to pan.