Cafeteria Apple Crisp
4 pounds apples, pared and sliced
1 pound brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 cup water
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 pound brown sugar
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter
- Filling: Place apples in a greased 12 x 20 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Blend sugar and cinnamon.
- Mix in lemon juice and water.
- Pour over apples and topping.
- Topping: Combine oats with remaining ingredients and mix until crumbly.
- Cover fruit with topping.
- Bake 400 degrees F for 25 minutes, until apples are tender.