Super Spice Snack Mix
This delicious super spice snack mix is loaded with goodies such as almonds, oats, pecans, pepitas, pistachios, raisins and dried cherries.
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 2 teaspoons ginger, ground
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup unsalted whole almonds
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup unsalted pecan halves
- 1 cup roasted salted pepitas
- 1 cup salted shelled pistachios
- 1/4 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 2/3 cup California raisins
- 2/3 cup dried cherries
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Mix brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger and paprika in a small bowl. Set
- Place almonds, oats, pecans, pepitas and pistachios in large bowl. Add
thawed apple juice concentrate; toss until nuts are evenly coated. Sprinkle
with spice mixture, tossing to coat well. Spread evenly on two 15 x 10 x1
-inch baking pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through cook time.
- Cool completely on the same or another baking pan on a wire rack.
- Stir in raisins and dried cherries.
- Store in airtight container
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 30 mins
Yield: 24 servings, 1/4 cup each
Reprinted with permission from California Raisins.