In Oaxaca, guacamole is more often a sauce than a dip. It's perfect for spooning
over grilled meats of all kinds.
2 very ripe avocados
1/4 cup coarsely chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 to 3 serrano or jalapeno chiles, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
(or more, to taste)
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 teaspoon salt (or
more, to taste)
- Peel, pit and coarsely chop the avocados.
- Combine the onion, garlic and chiles in a blender or food processor and
process until finely chopped.
- Add the avocados and process into a puree.
- Add lime juice, cilantro and salt and process just to blend.
- Taste for seasoning, adding lime juice or salt as needed.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
>> Southwestern Appetizer Recipes
>> All Southwestern Recipes
>> Mexican Appetizer Recipes