Arizona Pecan Nuggets
4 1/2 cups pecans, finely chopped
1 3/4 cups brown sugar, loosely scooped,
1 cup finely grated coconut
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 large egg whites
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, mix pecans, brown sugar, coconut and salt. Add honey, egg
whites and vanilla extract; blend by hand or with a rubber spatula just until
ingredients hold together.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment baking paper or foil, drop batter
by rounded tablespoons 1 inch apart. Bake about 12 minutes or until light golden
brown. Do not over-bake.
- Cool completely on lined cookie sheet. If cookies stick, peel paper or foil
- To store, layer cookies between fresh parchment paper in airtight container.
Note: Bake on a dry day. Humidity makes these cookies very sticky.
Yield: 4 dozen nuggets
>> Southwestern Cookie Recipes
>> All Southwestern Recipes