Festive Cranberry-Pineapple Salad
1 (20-ounce) can Dole Crushed Pineapple, undrained
2 (3.25-ounce each) packages
or 1 (6-ounce) package
Jell-O Brand Raspberry Flavor Gelatin
1 (16-ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
1 medium Dole Apple, chopped
2/3 cup chopped Planters Walnuts
- Drain pineapple, reserving liquid in 1-quart liquid measuring cup. Remove
1 tablespoon of the crushed pineapple; set aside for garnish.
- Add enough cold water to reserved liquid to measure 3 cups; pour into large
saucepan. Bring to boil; remove from heat.
- Add gelatin; stir at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
- Add cranberry sauce; stir until well blended. (Note: Due to the presence
of whole berries in the cranberry sauce, the gelatin mixture will not be smooth.)
- Pour into large bowl. Refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours or until slightly thickened
(consistency of unbeaten egg whites.)
- Stir in remaining pineapple, the apples and walnuts; stir gently until well
- Pour into medium serving bowl.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- Top with reserved crushed pineapple just before serving.
- Store leftover gelatin in refrigerator.
Yield: 14 servings
Prepare as directed, using Jell-O Brand Cherry Flavor Gelatin.
Garnish with apple slices just before serving.
Nutrition (per serving): Calories 160, Total fat 3.5g, Saturated fat 0g,
Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 65mg, Carbohydrate 33g, Dietary fiber 1g, Sugars 31g, Protein
2g, Vitamin A 0%DV, Vitamin C 8%DV, Calcium 0%DV, Iron 2%DV
Recipe and photograph courtesy of
>> Thanksgiving Salad Recipes
>> All Thanksgiving Recipes