Festive Cranberry-Pineapple Salad
Makes 14 servings.
1 (20-ounce) can Dole Crushed Pineapple, undrained
2 (3.25-ounce each) packages or 1 (6-ounce) package
Jell-O Brand Raspberry Flavor Gelatin
1 (16-ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
1 medium Dole Apple, chopped
2/3 cup chopped Planters Walnuts
- Drain pineapple, reserving liquid in 1-quart liquid measuring
cup. Remove 1 tablespoon of the crushed pineapple; set aside for
- Add enough cold water to reserved liquid to measure 3 cups; pour
into large saucepan. Bring to boil; remove from heat. Add gelatin;
stir at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Add cranberry
sauce; stir until well blended. (Note: Due to the presence of whole
berries in the cranberry sauce, the gelatin mixture will not be
- Pour into large bowl. Refrigerate 1 1/2 hours or until slightly
thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites.)
- Stir in remaining pineapple, the apples and walnuts; stir gently
until well blended. Pour into medium serving bowl. Refrigerate 4
hours or until firm.
- Top with reserved crushed pineapple just before serving. Store
leftover gelatin in refrigerator.
Prepare as directed, using Jell-O Brand Cherry
Garnish with apple slices just before serving.
Nutrition (per serving): Calories 160, Total fat 3.5g, Saturated
fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 65mg, Carbohydrate 33g, Dietary
fiber 1g, Sugars 31g, Protein 2g, Vitamin A 0%DV, Vitamin C 8%DV,
Calcium 0%DV, Iron 2%DV
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Kraft Kitchens.