12 large slices dark rye bread
Mayonnaise or salad dressing
2 pounds cooked
turkey breast, thinly sliced
1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut, well drained
slices Swiss cheese
Butter or margarine, softened
- For each sandwich, use 2 slices bread, one-sixth of the turkey slices, one-third
cup sauerkraut and 2 slices cheese.
- Assemble sandwiches by spreading one side of each bread slice with mayonnaise.
- On six bread slices, layer turkey, sauerkraut and cheese. Cover with remaining
bread slices, mayonnaise side down.
- Spread top bread slice evenly with softened butter; place buttered side
down in skillet.
- Butter other bread slice. Cover; grill slowly on each side.
Makes 6 sandwiches.
>> Leftover Turkey Recipes