Turkey in Stuffing Shells
1 tablespoon plus 1/2 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon minced onion
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon cornmeal
1 1/4 cups light cream
2 cups cut-up cooked turkey
1 (10 ounce) package green peas and pearl
onions, cooked and
2 tablespoons chopped pimento
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
2 cups herb-seasoned
1/3 cup margarine, melted
1/4 cup water
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Stuffing Shells: Toss together all ingredients. Divide stuffing mixture into 5 individual
casseroles. Press mixture against bottom and sides of each.
- Turkey: In large saucepan combine flour, onion, salt, cornmeal and pepper.
Gradually stir in cream, heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Stir in turkey, peas and onions, pimento and lemon peel; heat thoroughly.
- Pour into stuffing shells.
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or until stuffing edge is light brown.
>> Leftover Turkey Recipes