Red Velvet Whoopie Pies
2 teaspoons cocoa
2 ounces red food color
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vinegar
3/4 cup Crisco
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup buttermilk
2 egg whites
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 tablespoons milk
4 cups confectioners' sugar
1 1/2 cups Crisco
- Mix cocoa and food color and set aside.
- Mix baking soda and vinegar; set aside.
- Combine 3/4 cup Crisco, 1 1/2 cups sugar, 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon
salt and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Mix in cocoa and food color mixture;
blend in 3 cups flour and buttermilk. Add baking soda and vinegar
mixture. Drop on cookie sheet and make them the size of small cookies.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes.
- When cool, put filling between two pies.
- Filling: Cream together egg whites, vanilla extract, flour and
milk. Add confectioners' sugar, two cups at a time, and the Crisco.
>> Valentine's Day Cookie Recipes
>> All Valentine's Day Recipes