30 wings (flappers only)
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1 tablespoon FINELY
1 tablespoon FINELY minced garlic
1/4 cup minced green onions
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2/3 cup rice wine
1 cup soy sauce
brown sugar *
* Mix this with SOY SAUCE until partially dissolved.
- Heat wok and add oil.
- When oil is hot, add garlic ,ginger, green onions and red pepper flakes.
- Fry for about 15-20 seconds, stirring and being careful to not burn garlic.
- Next, add wings and cook for few minutes until light brown. Also it is important
during this part of cooking cycle to make sure wings get coated with garlic,
ginger, red pepper flakes and green onion.
- Next, pour rice wine over wings and stir them for 1-2 minutes before adding
the brown sugar/soy sauce mixture. Stir for about 1 minute to ensure wings are
- Turn down fire a little, cover wok and simmer wings for about 20 minutes,
removing lid and stirring every three minutes or so. It is VERY IMPORTANT to
make sure that when you stir, the wings on the bottom of the wok are stirred
to the top so that the sauce flavor will be evenly distributed.
- At the end of the 20 minutes simmering cycle , remove lid from wok and turn
up heat a little bit. Stir wings every minute or so. Cook wings until they have
glazed appearance (about 5 to 10 minutes).
- Serve with white rice.
Note: Any extra sauce leftover in wok can be spooned over rice. You could also
probably make whole chicken wings (use about 12-13 and lengthen simmering time maybe
10-15 minutes to allow flavors to penetrate meaty part of wing).
Posted by liz at Recipe Goldmine May 26, 2001.
Source: Cookin' Dad
- Member posted 04-16-2001 05:55 AM
>> Wing Recipes
>> Appetizer Recipes