Hawaiian Style Chicken Wings
The pineapple gives these wings an exotic, sweet flavor. Keep the wings warm
in a chafing dish, or reheat in the oven.
4 pounds chicken wings
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup tomato ketchup
1 cup fine dry bread crumbs
1 (14 ounce) can pineapple chunks
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
1 teaspoon Asian style hot sauce
- Prepare chicken wings by cutting off wing tips and separating the wing at
the elbow joint (discard tips or save for making stock).
- Melt butter in shallow baking pan in a preheated 400 degree F oven.
- Stir together ketchup and garlic and brush over wings, then roll them in
the bread crumbs to coat evenly.
- Place in pan, turning to lightly coat with butter. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain pineapple, reserving the juice.
- Add water to the reserved juice to make 3/4 cup liquid.
- Stir in the brown sugar, ginger, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce.
- After wings have cooked 20 minutes, turn them over, then pour on the sauce.
- Bake for about about 20 minutes longer or until chicken is tender.
- Add the pineapple for last 5 minutes of cooking. Finished wings should be
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 10, 2001.
>> Wing Recipes
>> Appetizer Recipes