Deep-Fried Mushrooms features only 4 ingredients, making these tasty appetizers quick and easy to make.
- 8 to 10 ounces whole white mushrooms
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs or flavor of choice
- Wash the mushrooms and remove about 1/4 inch of the stem.
- Pat mushrooms dry with a paper towel.
- Coat mushrooms with flour, lightly tapping to remove excess flour.
- Dip into eggs.
- Coat with bread crumbs.
- Set on a rack for a few minutes so batter sets/dries.
- Heat the oil in the deep fryer to 375 degrees F.
- Deep fry mushrooms in batches for approximately 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve.
- Serve with Garlic Aioli, barbecue sauce, Ranch dressing, or all three!
Yield: 4 to 6 servings