Try these kid-friendly, adult-approved nacho cheese sticks! Stuff ground beef, zesty Ro*Tel® tomatoes and Velveeta® queso blend into refrigerated pizza crust for a new way to enjoy the classic mozzarella stick appetizer.
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro*Tel® Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained and divided
- 2 (13.8 ounce) packages refrigerated pizza crust dough
- 8 ounces Velveeta®, cut into 1/2 inch cubes, divided
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Brown beef in large nonstick skillet over medium heat; drain. Return beef to skillet. Add taco seasoning mix and 1 cup tomatoes; mix well. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until liquid is cooked off. Remove skillet from heat.
- Unroll 1 can of pizza dough onto lightly floured surface; press into 18 x 12 inch rectangle. Cut into 12 (6 x 3 inch) rectangles. Repeat with second can of pizza dough. Spoon beef mixture onto centers of dough rectangles, adding about 1 tablespoon beef mixture to each rectangle.
- Reserve 1/4 of the Velveeta® for later use; place remaining Velveeta® cubes over beef mixture. Fold all sides of each dough rectangle over beef mixture; press edges together to seal. Place, seam sides down, on baking sheets. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until golden brown.
- Combine remaining tomatoes and reserved Velveeta® in microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute or until queso is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after 1 minute.
- Serve nacho sticks warm with queso dip on the side.
Yield: 12 servings | Prep: 30 min | Total: 47 min
Nutrition Information: 243 calories, 34g Carbs
Velveeta® is a registered trademark of Kraft Heinz.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Conagra Brands, Inc.