3 hearty breakfast recipes for
everyone in a hurry
(BPT) - Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Everyone has heard that
saying, but unfortunately, breakfast is also often the most forgotten meal of the
day. Instead of enjoying a hearty, nutritious breakfast, many people opt for simple
alternatives on the go because they believe creating a well-rounded breakfast will
take too long. That couldn’t be farther from the truth.
To show you just how easy it can be to create a wonderful breakfast, here are
a few recipes that will have you re-envisioning the bagel and hitting your busy
morning with a little extra spring in your step.
Eggs Florentine Bagels
- 2 Thomas’ Plain Bagels, split and toasted
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk, heated
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
Smoked Tomato, Basil and Brie Bagel
- 2 Thomas' bagels, split and toasted
- 4 ounces warm Brie
- 1 large tomato, quartered and smoked
- 2 leaves fresh basil
Santa Fe Bagel Thins Bagel
- 1 Thomas’ 100% Whole Wheat Bagel Thins bagel
- 3 egg whites
- 4 tablespoons black bean hummus (store-bought or homemade)
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 4 tablespoons tomato salsa
- Nonstick cooking oil spray
Homemade Black Bean Hummus
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Eggs Florentine Bagels: Melt butter in a small saucepan over moderate heat and
whisk in flour. Cook, whisking constantly, for two minutes. Whisk in milk in a stream,
until smooth. Simmer, whisking, until thickened, about three minutes and reduced
to 1 1/4 cups. Keep warm, covered, off heat.
- Fill a medium skillet halfway with water and bring to a boil. Break eggs into
separate teacups and pour into water. Cover skillet and remove from heat. Let eggs
sit for about 4 minutes until whites are set.
- Place bagels on serving plates and top each with 1/4 of spinach, using a slotted
spoon top with a poached egg and 1/4 of sauce. Serve immediately.
- Smoked Tomato, Basil and Brie Bagel: Toast a Thomas’ Plain Bagel and set
aside. Quarter and smoke one large tomato and set aside. Top Bagel halves with warm
Brie and tomato quarters. Add basil.
- Santa Fe Bagel Things Bagel: Separate and toast Bagel Thins bagel. Place open-faced
and top each half with two tablespoons of hummus and 1 tablespoon of low-fat sour
cream. Spray nonstick frying pan with cooking oil and put on stovetop under medium
heat. Beat three egg whites together in mixing bowl and then pour into heated frying
pan. Once eggs are cooked through, place on open-faced English muffin and top with
- Homemade black bean hummus: Mince all ingredients together in food processor
until smooth; refrigerate.
These recipes are quick, easy and can give you just the lift you need to start
your day. So give them a try, and to find more great recipe ideas, visit
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.